Writing practice test – IELTS Academic
You will be enabled 1 hour to finish two errands in the IELTS Academic Writing test.
The two sections of this work on Writing test are exhibited on two separate site pages. Ensure you move quickly starting with one page then onto the next so your training is as sensible as could be expected under the circumstances. In the event that you want to work disconnected, download the test paper at Best IELTS Training in hyderabad.
In the genuine test you will do your writing in an answer booklet.
The total time allowed for the IELTS Academic Writing test is 60 minutes.
Time yourself and allow just one hour to complete both parts of the test.
Task 2 contributes twice as much as task 1 to the Writing score.
Writing task 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on task 1
- write in a formal style
- write at least 150 words
Writing task 2
You should spend about 40 minutes on task 2
- write in a formal style
- write at least 250 words
Instructions to candidates – Best IELTS Training in Hyderabad
In the genuine test you will be given the accompanying directions:
- try not to open this inquiry paper until the point when you are advised to do as such
- compose your name and competitor number in the spaces at the highest point of this page
- read the directions for each undertaking painstakingly
- answer both of the assignments
- compose no less than 150 words for assignment 1
- compose no less than 250 words for assignment 2
- compose your answers in the appropriate response booklet
- compose obviously in pen or pencil; you may make changes, yet ensure your work is anything but difficult to peruse
- Toward the finish of the test, turn in both the inquiry paper and your answer booklet.
Review- Best IELTS Training in hyderabad
Once you have completed both tasks, review your work. Download the model answers to see good examples of how to complete the Writing test at the Best IELTS Training in hyderabad
Writing task 1
This is the first section of your IELTS Academic Writing test. You should spend about 20 minutes on it.
Take a look at the graphics and complete the task below.
The graphs above give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by the level of education for the years 2002 and 2010.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
Mistakes to avoid while writing the IELTS Exam- explained by Best IELTS Training in hyderabad
Writing Task 1 Academic – (Graphs/Pie Charts and Tables) General – (Letter Writing) and Task 2 (High School Formal Essays)
1. Understudies don’t centre around the whole inquiry of the exposition. The article question is known as the “Foundation Statement” which can be in a solitary sentence and up to a greatest, four-sentence articulation. Understudies don’t address all parts of the inquiry and in this manner free blemishes on the stamping territory – Task Response
2. Understudies likewise don’t read the last piece of the article question which expects them to give their reaction in light of (a Solution/an Opinion/an Argument). On the off chance that this isn’t seen and taken after, the whole paper organizes and the significant changes with an enormous discount. For eg – Essays which ask – (Agree or Disagree/Argument) expect you to give your perspective on the point in the Introduction or otherwise called the first Body Paragraph. Essays which ask – (Discuss the two sides and give your supposition/Solution) expect you to answer all parts of the announcements in singular paragraphs and after that at long last give your decision of feeling or arrangement in the last body passage which precedes the Conclusion. Students compose the greater part of their words utilizing Contractions – (aren’t/proved unable/shouldn’t). There is no mischief doing as such, and institute of ielts is the Best IELTS Training in hyderabad the reason behind this..!!
3. Understudies compose the majority of their words utilizing Contractions – (aren’t/proved unable/shouldn’t). There is no mischief doing as such, anyway, you ought to recollect that there is a word restrict for Task 1 = 150 and for Task – 2 = 250. In this way, utilizing constrictions makes it harder for understudies to meet their statement target and there is a tremendous discount if as far as possible is under length.
IELTS Writing Tips
IELTS Writing Task 1: Describing a line graph
Valuable initial articulations:
• The diagram appears/shows/delineates/uncovers/speaks to…
• It is obvious from the diagram/table…
• It can be seen from the diagram/table…
• As the diagram/table shows,…
• As can be seen from the diagram/table,…
• As is appeared in the diagram/table,…
• As is represented by the chart/table,…
• From the diagram/table, it is clear….
• It is constantly best to abstain from utilizing individual pronouns. Rather than saying We can see from the diagram… , it is smarter to utilize the detached or generic developments.
The greater part of the above articulations can be trailed by a proviso beginning with that.
A few of the above articulations can be trailed by a thing or thing phrase.
A few of the above articulations must be trailed by a fundamental provision.
Helpful time articulations:
throughout the following…/for the accompanying… (for the accompanying two months… over the course of the following a half year… )
from … to/amongst … and (from June to August… amongst June and August… )
(amid the initial three months… )
Per cent is the word type of the image %. We can compose 10% or 10 per cent. The rate is the thing structure: The level of youngsters utilizing supplements. NOT The per cent of youngsters…
We can utilize a blend of descriptive word + thing, or verb + qualifier, to abstain from rehashing a similar expression.
Case: There was a sharp diminishing in the numbers. The numbers diminished forcefully. institute of ielts is the Best IELTS Training in hyderabad
IELTS Writing Task 1: presentation
• In IELTS composing module, the most muddled part is composing the presentation. In the event that you have a decent method for this, at that point whatever is left of the undertaking is simple.
• The primary thing to note is that expounding on Tables, Graphs and Diagrams isn’t the same as composing a paper in IELTS composing undertaking 2.
• We are NOT requested to give our supposition on the data, yet by and large to compose a report portraying the data truly.
• It isn’t important to compose a presentation like in a paper for this written work errand. We are composing a report, which implies that we don’t start with an expansive general explanation about the theme.
• We don’t have to compose a conclusion which gives any sort of feeling about the hugeness of the data.
Three stages to remember
1. Distinguish the principle thought behind the chart or table. This will be the focal point of your first sentence.
2. Consider the points of interest of what is being demonstrated – the units of estimation and the time allotment – and choose the amount you have to incorporate.
3. Consider the dialect to utilize – the basic articulations, the tenses of the verbs, the right articulations of time or estimation
Three conceivable approaches to begin
1. Allude to the visual straightforwardly (e.g. This chart demonstrates the number of inhabitants in Canada in from 1867 up to 2007.) However, this technique isn’t prudent, since the guidelines in the IELTS test will ordinarily give you simply this data. In the event that you duplicate straightforwardly from the paper, Best IELTS Training in hyderabad you are sitting idle since the analyst can’t evaluate your English from a replicated sentence.
2. Allude specifically to the fundamental message passed on by the visual (e.g. There was a sharp increment in the number of inhabitants in Canada from 1867 up to 2007.) This way is consummately worthy and demonstrates that you can perceive the fundamental idea or message that the chart or table shows.
3. Consolidate the two (e.g. The diagram demonstrates that there was a sharp increment in the number of inhabitants in Canada from 1867 up to 2007.) This is additionally worthy and is regularly utilized as a helpful method to begin. So as to utilize this technique, it is important to utilize a couple of settled articulations, which allude to the content itself, similar to those underneath.
• There was a considerable increment in the estimation of stocks on March fifteenth.
• House costs climbed significantly in July.
• The number of visitors going to New York fell forcefully in October.
• The level of understudies strolling to class kept on rising bit by bit finished the multi-year time span from 2000-2010.
• There was a sharp increment in worker turnover after the strike.
• Interest in natural issues has risen relentlessly finished the most recent 10 years.
MORE USEFUL WORDS AND PHRASES
1. Per cent – the word per cent comes after a number
Over 25% of the understudies are from Brazil.
In excess of 25 per cent of the understudies originate from Brazil.
2. Rate – The word rate comes afterwards like the various things. Regularly, it is gone before by a descriptive word.
A little level of inhabitants has lived in the working for over 20 years.
The level of understudies who live on grounds has fallen forcefully since the fire.
3. For numbers up to ten, compose the numbers in words. For numbers more than 10, you can compose the numbers in numbers.
Five per cent of the representatives were in the not so distant future.
In excess of 50 per cent of the understudies submitted their assignments late after the long end of the week.
4. In the event that the sentence begins with a number, dependably compose it in words.
Cases: Wrong: 25 understudies were from China.
Right: Twenty-five understudies were from China.
Approximations, Percentages and Fractions
In a considerable lot of the IELTS composing undertaking 1 questions, we should manage rates. This is a decent chance to express these rates distinctively and help our score Best IELTS Training in hyderabad. A method for changing this dialect is to express them as divisions or extents.
Keep in mind that we ought to change our dialect however much as could reasonably be expected with a specific end goal to score high in the ‘lexical asset’ some portion of the test.
It is additionally fine to utilize approximations, for instance, ‘49%’ can be communicated as ‘about half’.
Utilizing proper tenses in IELTS composing undertaking 1 is fundamental for a high band score.
The key is to take a gander at the title of the graph and the data contained Best IELTS Training in hyderabad on the two tomahawks to set up what time period is utilized. This will enable us to build up what tense we should utilize.
• If the time is one point before, for instance, January 1990, at that point we should utilize the previous tense.
• If it has projections for the future, for instance, 2045, we utilize future tenses.
• It there is no time, we utilize introduce straightforward.
IELTS composing assignment 1 is basically an abridging undertaking. The diagram passage ought to contain a few sentences condensing the principal highlights of the chart Best IELTS Training in hyderabad. Here are some short expressions that can be utilized.
• To outline, the most checked change is….
• Overall it is clear….
• Overall the greater part/minority….
• In total, the most recognizable pattern is….
Try not to use ‘to close’. This is just for desultory articles.